Hello lovelies lets talk wedding dress shopping. When you are looking for the dress of your dreams many of you have questions on how does it work and where to start? Well, you know I am always here to help and love to bring you all advice from the experts. So today we partnered up with the lovely ladies of Louise Christine Bridal Boutique to have them share their Do’s and Don’ts of Wedding Dress Shopping.
Lousie Christine is a bridal boutique located in Dayton, Ohio that was created by a mother-daughter pair ( I know, how cool to start a business with your mom! ). The store is filled with everything your heart desires from dresses with drama, lace, sleeves, or some with a combination all of the above! And let’s not forget all their dazzling accessories!
They have helped many a bride find her dream gown. So we thought it fitting that they let us in on their do’s and don’ts! So let’s get into it:
- Do talk about your budget. Know who is paying for the gown ahead of time and find out how much they are comfortable spending.
- Do your research. Call ahead to schedule an appointment and ask questions such as a stores price range and size availability.
- Do bring pictures. Inspiration photos can help your consultant choose styles that bring your vision to life. The consultant can use the pictures as a starting point to understand your personal style or wedding style.
- Do keep an open mind. The dress may look different on you than it does on the hanger. You could fall in love with a gown you didn’t expect.
- Do follow your heart and have fun. This is your wedding! Enjoy the process.
- Don’t bring too many people. This is the most common regret of brides. Sometimes less is more when it comes to opinions. For the people you do bring, make sure they are the RIGHT people. You want someone that knows your style and is supportive.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Your consultant is here to help.
- Don’t purchase a gown based on your venue or other expectations. Pick the dress you love!
- Don’t take pictures of every dress. This can leave you overwhelmed with too many options. Instead, focus on how each dress makes you feel.
- Don’t be afraid to say yes! Over-shopping can lead to confusion and exhaustion for the bride. When you’ve found the one, say yes and celebrate!
Do you find these do’s and don’ts from Louise Christine Bridal Boutique helpful? Leave us a comment below and let us know. Be sure to use the Pinterest and Facebook buttons below to save and share with friends.
Looking for more expert advice from wedding vendors, check out our 8 Things You Need To Know About Wedding Stationery With Ivory House Creative.